- Visit the world’s largest Hindu temple – Angkor Wat
- Marvel at Bayon with its 54 towers decorated with more than 200 enigmatic smiling faces
- Trek through Ta Prohm the jungle temple made famous in the Tomb Raider movie.
- Taste a delicious Khmer lunch
- Duration: 7-8 hours
- Pickup location:
- Pick up at centrally located hotels in Siem Reap.
- Pickup time: 8.00 AM-8.45 AM
- Drop off location: Drop off at centrally located hotels in Siem Reap.
You are picked up from centrally located hotels between 8.00 and 8.45am by your local guide for your day tour in Siem Reap.
We start our Angkor adventure with a visit to Angkor Wat temple easily the most famous and best-preserved of all temples within the Angkor complex. We then move on to Angkor Thom visiting Bayon, with its 54 towers decorated with more than 200 enigmatic smiling faces, Phimeanakas, Baphoun, Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King. We finish the morning with a stop at the very photogenic South Gate of Angkor Thom City where the gods and demons line the road leading to the gate struggling in a cosmic tug-of-war. The Gate itself is crowned with four large faces facing in the cardinal directions.
Lunch is Khmer style in a local restaurant. Regain your energy enjoying a sumptuous Khmer feast near Sras Srang, the Royal Pool of Ablutions, originally reserved for the King and his consorts. Enjoy a spread of great local food followed by a nap lazing in a hammock, or explore to see the traditional way of life and say hello to the Cambodians near here.
After lunch we continue our day tour by visiting the beautiful Ta Prohm (Tomb Raider) temple which was made famous by Angelina Jolie. Feel like one of the early explorers as you visit this temple which has been left to be reclaimed by the jungle.
If time permits finish the day climbing one of the oldest buildings in the Angkor complex, the brick pyramid-shaped temple of Pre Rup.